The students at South Forsyth High School show a huge diversity of talents - academic, athletic, and extracurricular pursuits abound within the student body. The SFHSAA Inspiration Award seeks to recognize one (1) graduating senior who demonstrates not only academic excellence, but personal development and drive regarding their activities and interests during and beyond high school.
- The applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher by the end of their first semester of their 12th grade year.
- The applicant must be actively involved in at least one (1) extracurricular activity. This can include playing a sport, being an active member of a club or competitive organization, etc. Their involvement in that activity must go beyond passive membership - they should have an active role in the activities of the organization.
- Any current South Forsyth High School senior may apply for this award; it is not limited to college-bound students.
- Applications will be accepted at the beginning of March. Applications must be submitted in total by the last school day in March of the award year.
- Applicants must fill out the electronic application and upload it to the SFHSAA website to be considered.
- Applicants must include two written components:
- An essay describing how their participation in their extracurricular activities has inspired or shaped them.
- A statement describing how they will use the funds from the award after graduating from high school.
- Applicants must also receive 1-2 recommendations from adults who are familiar with them and their extracurricular activities. This should not be family or close friends; examples of recommendation writers are teachers, club sponsors, employers (who are not family), co-workers, and community leaders with whom the applicant has worked.
Letters of Recommendation will also be uploaded to the SFHSAA website.